Who is Bal-A-Vis-X for?
Bal-A-Vis-X was originally developed for regular and special education students in nursery to primary stages.
Now it is widely used throughout the world by teachers, parents, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, physical therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and more for dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, ADHD, APD, ASD, cerebral palsy, dementia, bi- polar disorder and more.
Bal-A-Vis-X is for everyone:
The following benefits have been consistent:
- For learning disabled students – cognitive integration improves
- For behaviourally disordered students – behaviour “ settles”
- For attention deficit disordered/attention deficit hyperactive disordered students – impulsivity decreases and ability to focus increases.
- For gifted students – physical coordination improves and stress headaches diminish.
- For regular education students – academic success requires less effort.
- For students with inadequate auditory skills who “hear” but don’t attend to the precise details of:
- Pronunciation: they can/do not distinguish among the initial consonant sounds or digraphs, between one word’s ending and the next word’s beginning, among vowel sounds
- Verbal instructions: they grasp random pieces, seemingly by chance
- Discussion: they rarely follow the flow and often interrupt to make unrelated comments or superfluous questions.
THE RHYTHMIC PATTERNS OF BAL-A-VIS-X CREATE A NEW AWARENESS OF THE NUANCES OF SOUND.
For students whose visual acuity may be 20/20 yet whose vision is deficient in:
- Ocular Motility (tracking) – eyes that float, stick, skip, stutter or dart – will FLOW
- Binocularity (teaming) – eyes that squint, blink excessively, or produce extreme head/neck postures for near vision tasks – WORK TOGETHER
- Visual Form Perception (discrimination of details) – eyes that are careless about, forgetful of, or inattentive to differences and similarities – NOTICE.
For ALL STUDENTS – gains in hand-eye coordination and subsequent growth in confidence, hence, in earned self-esteem are readily observable.